Monday, August 22, 2016

Shine shine shine



Fog on the hillside
and running through my lungs

The sun spokes through
the wings of a sparrow
   
as it beats a bright path
across the field 
                 
spilled open with dew-dappled
spiderwebs
like a pirate deciding
his treasure
was ours


Shine shine shine 


Later, a red leaf
takes off on a lark
and gambols downriver

and I am the only one
wise to its stumble,
its easeful incision
into a current

peopled by pond skaters
saving their best dance
for light


A fawn
pokes its nose
through the brush
alongside me

to look,
with alarm

and—
curiosity




5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I love the beautiful natural world and this captures it so well

the walking man said...

Though I do not live in a beautiful place, I do have many memories of the sun and it's illumination of my world when it had beauty.

Sarah Hina said...

Charles, it was a great morning. Sometimes it pays to go out for a run, I guess.

Mark, reflection is its own kind of beauty.

Aniket Thakkar said...

See? Your writing is nothing to be fawned upon?

"I find your insecurities to be completely illogical, captain."

Sarah Hina said...

Okay, Spock.

Okay.

;)